11.28.2009

Deadlock, featuring Mimi Rogers #3

I missed last week, and the week before I lost 40 imaginary dollars, putting me at $-30 on the season. Time to dig out of that hole. Three games have already occured, meaning I have a limited slate of games to choose from. I press on, undaunted. Undaunted, I say!

Indianapolis Colts (-3.5) at Houston Texans
The Colts own the Texans. They fucking own them. In their head-to-head match-ups, the Colts have won 14 times, and the Texans have won once. I know this is maybe the best Texan team we've ever seen. And I know this is in Houston. And I know that the Texans need a win way more than the Colts do. But I still think the Colts take this one, and I think they do it by more than 3.5.
$25 on the Colts

Washington Redskins (+9.5) at Philadelphia Eagles
The last time I did won of these, I did the unthinkable and bet against the Skins. They went on to win the game. I should probably bet against them again, but I'm not going to. For the record, I think they're going to lose this game. But the margins of victory/loss in Skins games so far this season are: 6, 2, 5, 3, 3, 8, 10, 14, 10, 1. With that in mind, 9.5 seems like a lot, even in Philadelphia against a superior (but uneven) team.
$25 on the Redskins

Kansas City Chiefs (+13.5) at San Diego Chargers
Since dropping Larry Johnson, the Chiefs have lost a close to one Jacksonville and beaten Oakland and Pittsburgh. The Chargers have won five in a row, and they are a famously uneven team, meaning they are due for a loss. Plus, this is a divisional game in which the Chargers won the first match-up. I don't know if the Chiefs will win, but I certainly like them to cover 13.5.
$25 on the Chiefs

New England Patriots (+1.5) at New Orleans Saints
Twice now I have (imaginarily) bet on the Saints to cover big spreads, and twice I have been burned. For three straight weeks they have played shitty opponents, and have kept them in the game until the second half. Either they're not as good as advertised, or they've gotten their bad games out of their system against opponents who couldn't beat them anyway. I'm betting on the latter, and on them getting back on track this week in a big-time Monday Night game. Such is my faith in Drew Brees.
$25 on the Saints

No comments: