11.14.2009

Deadlock, starring Rutger Hauer #2

This is my new segment where I gamble 100 imaginary bucks each week on a handful of NFL games. Last week I made ten imaginary bucks. Let's see if I can keep it rolling and make enough imaginary money this week to pay for a full, imaginary, non-value menu meal!

New Orleans Saints (-13.5) at St. Louis Rams
Last week I picked the Saints to cover a big spread against a shitty team, and it burned me. Will I learn from that lesson? Not a chance. Here's what the Rams have done against decent teams this year: lost to the Niners by 35; lost to the Vikings by 28; lost to the Colts by 36. If the Saints beat them by 14, that'll almost qualify as a close game.
$30 on the Saints

Cincinnati Bengals (+7) at Pittsburgh Steelers
The Bengals have won every game they've played within their division so far, including two against the Ravens and one against the Steelers. I don't know if that streak will continue; beating the Steelers twice in one season, and doing it in Pittsburgh, is a tall order. But I'll bet that they keep it closer than seven points.
$30 on the Bengals

Denver Broncos (-3.5) at Washington Redskins
I would never, ever, ever bet real money against the Redskins. But in the words of Joe Colly: "It ain't real money." And these Redskins are a mess.
$20 on the Broncos

New England Patrios (+2.5) at Indianapolis Colts
I get that this is the rivalry of the decade or whatever. And I know that the Patriots have won their last three and looked good doing it. But that was against lousy opposition (Tennesse, Tampa Bay, Miami). But the Colts are quite possibly the best team in the league this year. And they're only getting 2.5 at home? Seems foolish.
$20 on the Colts

3 comments:

Commandant Lassard said...

Maybe I should start making imaginary bets against the Redskins every week.

dois said...

agreed. i can't think of another reason the skins could have won other than to lose you some fake dollars.

JD said...

Pretty ugly performance, but keep it up you are bound to improve. I am 83-61 ATS on the season and in 1st place out of 66 in my pool, btw ;)