11.15.2009

NBD - Week 10 Previews & Predictions

God damn! Week 10 already? These seasons just fly by when you're poring over every detail of them in nearly daily blog posts. Wanna remind everybody that the trade deadline is Friday, so if you're going to improve your team for the playoffs (not so far away) or give up on this season and grab a keeper for next season (so fucking long off), do so soon. Here's the Week 10 slate for NBD:


The Death Panel (5-4) vs. Vag Secretion Parfait (3-6)
A few weeks back I traded Vernon Davis to Sam, and since then he's gone nuts while the guy I got in the trade, Lance Moore, hasn't done jack shit (he's Out this week). But amazingly, Davis did not come back to haunt me on Thursday night, and even more amazingly, Matt Forte got me off to a good start. With Ray Rice taking on Cleveland and Drew Brees taking on St. Louis, I can only imagine that the good times will continue to roll for the Panel.

Legends... wait for it... of the Fall (4-5) vs. Deuceburger (2-7)
It's been a while since we got a new Derek Haller team name, and I'll fully endorse this one as it is a reference to How I Met Your Mother, the best show on TV that's not quite worth DVR'ing. That name change is about the most exciting thing happening in this unsightly match-up. Manning is going Viking-heavy this week, starting Favre, Peterson, and Berrian. They're taking on the Lions, so one of those guys is bound to blow up, right? We'll give this one to the Deuceburger.

Who Gonna Check Me Boo? (7-2) vs. Woody's Warriors (4-5)
Like Michael Toobin's team once upon a time, I will have a hard time picking against Colly until there's some kind of major injury, big-time bye week, or powerful opponent. I can't really say that this week qualifies as any of those three, so the choice is clear: Check Me.

Globo de Aire Mi Equipo (3-6) vs. Mental Errors (5-4)
Both of these teams are likely better than their records indicate, and both will be heavily reliant passing combos this week. Haller's got his standard Rivers-Jackson combo taking on the Eagles, and Elliott has the three-headed Colts monster of Manning-Wayne-Clark in the primetime match-up against the Patriots. If you read my Deadlock picks, you know I'm a believer in the Colts, and the big red Q next to Globo's DeAngelo Williams worries me. The edge belongs to Mental Errors.

Burke City Giants (6-3) vs. Matt Ryan Loves Dogs (4-5)
There are three players in this whole game that I have a good feeling about this week: Peyton Manning, Randy Moss, and Jeremy Shockey. Two of those guys are on Michael's team, and the other one is a tight end. Even though I looked like an idiot for picking myself to easily beat MRLD last week, I'm picking against them again and going with Burke City.

Harry Lance Hannibal (5-4) vs. Wild Stallions (6-3)
I'm a little disappointed that we haven't seen any shit-talking going down yet in this game, considering that it is normally a headliner in that category each season. Hopefully Ray and Jon are ready to unleash a barrage of text messages on each other tomorrow. Then again, Ray's already had three of his big guns play (on Thursday night) with mixed results. With only Ryan Grant as a likely big scorer remaining for HLH, I'm more intrigued by the unknowns awaiting on DeYoung's roster, like Larry Fitz taking on the Seahawks and Pierre Thomas running over the Rams. I like the Stallions here.

Last week: 4-2
Overall: 31-17
Good luck to everyone in Week 10 but Papkin. Papkin, I've seen your front four, and I think we're going to destroy them this week.

No comments: