9.29.2009

NBD - Week 3 Review B

They call me girl! They call me Stacey! in Part A.

Roger's Oyster Lunch (80) defeats the Death Panel (73)
For the second straight week I was fucked by the Cowboys in a night game (which might make a nice subtitle for "Brokeback Mountain 2"). Last week it was the Defense that got me, and this week it was the offense. With a slim lead headed into Monday night, I needed Oyster Lunch's Tony Romo to have another implosion and throw some interceptions, fumble some balls, and generally be the shitter that he is. Romo did not exactly have a stellar game, but he uncharacteristically failed to turn the ball over, and his 12 points were more than enough for Derek to claim victory. This was in contrast to my own quarterback, the previously infallible God known as Drew Brees (6). I was happy to see the New Orleans running game, with Pierre Thomas, get cranked up. But since Thomas is my third running back over in BIFL, and Brees is my best player over here in NBD, I'd prefer it if they stuck to the all-out aerial assault, thanks. As it is, I'm still waiting on Matt Forte (11) to justify his top-5 pre-season rankings. Derek's running backs, meanwhile, are vastly outperforming expectations. Fred Taylor (17) and LeSean McCoy (15) were among Oyster Lunch's top scorers this week, and were drafted in the 7th and 8th rounds, respectively. Drafted right before them was Jerricho Cotchery, who also chipped in 17 in Derek's winning effort.

You Got Got (97) defeats Get It in the Can (80)
If you haven't seen the pulled Bud Light Lime commercial from which Haller takes his team name, take a moment to check it out. Bud Light Lime, to me, is awful, but this is pretty funny:

Speaking of team-naming, might as well throw this one in there:


Be my friend, Jeff.
There was something I was supposed to do... Oh right fantasy football.
Colly only has one Texan (Owen Daniels) on his team, and as far as I know has never been to the state, but Houston ought to be his favorite team right now, as their miserable defense has given his running backs 79 points in the past two weeks. Following up Chris Johnson's big day last Sunday was Maurice Jones-Drew, who had 137 total yards and 3 touchdowns against the Texans, as predicted in P&P (and if you didn't read that Sunday morning, you ought to if only for the Trost story it contains). Combined with solid days from Felix Jones (11) and Chris Johnson (10), the Got Got running game was enough to power the team to victory, despite an anemic passing game (17 combined from the QB and WRs). For Haller, Derrick Ward took over the starter's role for Tampa Bay, but it didn't make him any better than when he was backing up Cadillac Williams (he didn't quite reach 1 point). Steve Smith (4) was visibly frustrated on Monday night, and the Charlotte offense just isn't working right now. Matt saw some respectable performances from Philip Rivers (17), Brandon Jacobs (13), and Joe Addai (11), but no one had the kind of big day they would have needed to overtake Colly.

5 comments:

Matt Haller said...

Wait a second...is Charles Trost? What the fuck am I missing here?

P.S. - my word verification word is "sanatch", which is so close to snatch that I had to do a double take...awesome.

Commandant Lassard said...

charles = trost, owing to the common misunderstanding resulting when people who don't know him hear friends calling him "trost" all the time. despite sharing few of the same letters, the sounds are remarkably similar.

...and to think, papkin wanted me to eliminate word verification.

Matt Haller said...

hahahahha

I am definitely calling him Charles all this weekend in Chapel Hill.

DUDE! Word verification this time is "ducedir", which is remarkable similar to Dueceburger!

Derek H. said...

sadly I torched that one week squeaker victory you get by good drafting right there. Now to score 50 pts the rest of the year.

Joe Colly said...

I was conceived in Texas but have never been there outside of the uterus.