11.01.2008

BIFL - Week 9 Preview

Already Week 9? Damn this shit goes quick. Playoffs are a month away; let's see who's gonna make em:

Santonio's Blunts (2-6) vs. Juse and the Arrrrrghonauts (2-6)
This is a game of almost no consequence, except for assessing which of these franchises has fallen further from grace since their fantasy glory days. Actually, I'm not sure that Justin ever had any glory days, but he was the commissioner for a while. I've never known Doit to go into the weekend, or even, say, Wednesday, without setting his lineup, but as of this posting (Saturday, 12:15pm) he's still got two bye weekers and one empty slot starting. For that alone,
Juse by 8

FUBAR (6-2) vs. Iron Chef of Pounding Poon (5-3)
We're nearing the end of bye week season, but it's not over yet and these two teams are decimated by it this week with FUBAR missing Brees and Gore and Poon missing LDT and Steve Smith. As a result, this game will suck, but there has to be a winner.
Poon-Pounders by 4

Cholish Chachfaces (4-4) vs. Egon Spengler (4-4)
This should be a good match-up, with two .500 teams battling for a hopeful playoff spot in the East. Chalski will miss Philip Rivers, whose Chargers have a bye, but the Texans can't play defense so Gus Frerotte might not be as big a downgrade as he seems. Still, Michael Turner goes off on bad teams, and the Raiders are nothing if not bad.
Spengler by 9

Manatee Eaters (6-2) vs. Sky Vault Centurions (5-3)
For weeks I've been telling you that Andre's team is good and Chuck's team is not good. You think I'm gonna change my tune this week?
Sky Vault by 7

Jeff Stryker is not really gay (4-4) vs. Pet Monkey (4-4)
Read the first sentence of my Chachfaces-Spengler preview, and substitute the word "West" for "East." I noticed that Shoaf is starting Michael Bennett, and I wasn't even aware that he was still in the league, so I opened up his "News" brief to see if there was something Will knew that I didn't: "The Buccaneers may activate Bennett for Sunday's game at Kansas City, the St. Petersburg Times reports." That sounds positive.
Monkey by 13

Alligator Fuckhouse (3-5) vs. Chip Lohmiller (3-5)
I can think of almost nothing to say about these two lousy, lousy teams. Brian Westbrook will probably go nuts again this week, and I think Terrell Owens is ready to come back and have a decent performance, even against a solid Giants D.
Lohmiller by 10

Last week: 4-2
Overall: 33-15

1 comment:

Big Cat said...

I will now take Bennett out of the lineup. BenJarvus deserves another chance.