10.28.2008

BIFL - Week 8 Review

Another brief entry this week; back to full strength soon I promise. Actually I'm watching coverage of NBA Opening Night right now and I'm pretty psyched. By next week this could conceivably be a fantasy basketball blog. Cross your fingers Clujers.

Juse and the Arrrrrghonauts 87.5, FUBAR 90
This was a classic Monday night match-up, or would have been with Juse's Marvin Harrison taking on all of Spencer's IDPs. But the IDPs were strong, and Marvin Harrison was weak. Juse's RBs proved that he was smart to trade for S-Jax, even if he was out this week.

Iron Chef of Pounding Poon 107, Cholish Chachfaces 77
Dick made the questionable move of starting both Hank Baskett (0) and Kevin Curtis (4) over Laveranues Coles (12), but it didn't matter at all because the rest of his squad - Steve Smith (27), LDT (24), D'Angelo Williams (19) - rocked it. You know who sucked in this game? The kickers. 2 points each, guys? That's pussy shit.

Egon Spengler 95, Manatee Eaters 51.5
Two years ago, headed into Week 8, I traded a player from my position of strength (Javon Walker at wideout) to acquire a player at my position of weakness (Mike Vick at QB). Vick went on to score 28 points that week, leading the HotCocks to victory, and I went on to win the championship. This year, headed into Week 8, I traded from my position of strength (Steven Jackson at RB) to acquire a player at my position of weakness (Anquan Boldin at WR). Boldin led my team to victory this week with 21 points. Just sayin'.

Oh also, Chuck's team is not good.

Sky Vault Centurions 104.5, Chip Lohmiller 93.5
After the Sunday games - and let me just say real quick that it is some BULL SHIT that the Sunday night game was cancelled in deference to the world series - Dekker had a 4-point lead, thanks in no small part to the efforts of Shaun ("Su-eeeey") Suisham (16). Appropriate that a team named after a former Redskins' kicker would be led by the current one. To make up those 4 points, all Dre had was his own kicker, Rob Bironas. And then Rob Bironas did what ROB BIRONAS DO. He scored 13 points and won the game. These are the most kicker-centric Notes ever.

Pet Monkey 123, Santonio's Blunts 67.5
It's kind of depressing talking to Bardey about how bad his BIFL franchise is. And I do that pretty much every day over AIM. I guess what I'm saying is: fuck you, Billy; you really fucked over my lunch period today.

I should note, however, that Bardey and I were both cheered by what a badass Pet Monkey's Santana Moss (30) was this weekend.

Jeff Stryker is not really gay 112, Alligator Fuckhouse 66.5
God, I hate Dallas Clark (21). I could get down with naming my kid BenJarvus, though. I dig the whole Ben- as a prefix thing. Like Ben-Gurion. That's something, right? An Israeli prime minister? An Israeli airport? An Israeli airport named after an Israeli prime minister? Souts, help me out here.

Later, dudes.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Once again, no respect!

Unknown said...

Ben Gurion is the airport named after David Ben Gurion, father of the Israeli state. Also, the Fuckhouse is a terrible squad, here or in Israel.

Anonymous said...

so depressing. bring on hoops.

Anonymous said...

i am depressed FOR bardey - his passion for the game is endearing. he's the type of dude i actively root for, even as i am pounding his pathetic squad.

Anonymous said...

oh yeah good post viche.